Recently, there was an article in Times that stated women are embarrassed to have 'stay-at-home husbands.' I do have a personal opinion about the author, but instead of sharing that, I'll stick with the following:
I am extremely thankful and comforted that Ben is a stay-at-home dad. I am VERY proud of the work he does with our kids, and am in no way, shape, or form embarrassed. I think it's great!! It made sense for our family and allows me to go to work without having to worry about who is caring for our children. As a working mother, that is a HUGE worry off my shoulders...believe me.
Would I love to trade places? You bet, but ONLY because I would love to spend more time with our kids. Would I prefer us to be a dual-income family and send our kids off each day with strangers--never in a million years! I completely understand that we are truly fortunate to be able to have this choice--not many are afforded the same opportunity. But, it's a choice we've made and one we're completely happy with. No...my stay-at-home husband is NOT an embarrassment to me--he's my hero...
http://ideas.time.com/2013/12/09/the-househusbands-of-wall-street/?iid=op-main-belt
No comments:
Post a Comment